Teacher : Miss Laura Bassett
Early Years Educator : Ms Anastasia Mahid and Ms Sarah Somerville
To Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park Nursery.
We are lucky to have a bright and inspirational space that has been recently developed across two floors. Facilities include a dedicated sensory room and superb all-weather garden for children to play in. Located within the heart of the community, we provide a wonderful social and learning experience for children aged 3-4.
Our Nursery is an Early Years provision with warm and welcoming staff, that are a dedicated team of individuals working together to promote a wide and varied Early Years provision.Our highly qualified and experienced staff offer the children a learning through play based experience as required for the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
The hours for the Nursery are as follows: Morning sessions 8.30am - 11.30am, afternoon sessions 12.30pm - 3.30pm.
Applications for a place in our Nursery can be made directly to the school, by collecting an application form from the school office and returning it directly to the school once completed.
Our Nursery offers 15- and 30-hour government funded places during term time.
If you are unsure if your child is eligible for the 30 hours funding, please follow the link below.
30 Hour government funding - 3 years
Nursery Admissions Information Page
We are committed to providing exemplary teaching and learning experiences which will enable every child to become a happy and confident learner whilst feeling safe at all times. We recognise the long-term impact of high-quality early years education to improve children’s outcomes and social development. This promotes a sense of security and belonging for children and their families.
Our commitment is to:
- Ensure that we inspire in all children a love of learning and the desire to continue to learn;
- Provide a safe, happy, caring, stimulating and secure environment for our children where everyone feels valued, included and respected;
- Provide high standards of teaching to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects;
- Equip all children with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence their own lives;
- Promote creativity and independence so that children are more able to explore and discover things for themselves;
- Develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking;
- Nurture children’s diversity, emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields, including music, sport, art, and drama;
- Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community;
- Be a place that every child remembers with affection.
The values we hope to instil in our children
Our values underpin everything that we do in HNHP. They help us form our attitudes, guide our choices, and influence our behaviours. Our values develop a positive, safe and inspirational place to be.
- Excellence - being proud of personal achievements
- Respect - valuing and caring for all people and the environment; treating others as we would like to be treated
- Resilience - willing to have a go at new learning experiences and not give up when faced with a challenge
- Communication - being a good listener, sharing ideas and being honest
- Responsibility - learning that our actions have consequences and understanding the importance of making the right choice
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park Nursery follows the statutory Early Years framework. The Foundation Stage Curriculum is organised into Prime and Specific areas of learning. Children within the nursery learn through a range of play-based opportunities as well as adult led and independent activities. At the HPAPP Nursery, we plan a wide range of exciting activities that promote independence, communication, self-confidence, determination and the ability to think critically and share their thoughts and ideas. A stimulating curriculum is provided to the children in a new provision set over two floors, with a sensory room and an all-weather outside area.
We plan topics that will inspire the children's curiosity, understanding and development. Children will learn in small groups as well as whole nursery collaborative activities based on their individual needs and interests. Our planning ensures continuity and progression throughout the Nursery.
We believe that the prime areas of learning are the base stone for all future learning and therefore place a lot of emphasis on ensuringthat all children feel happy, secure and settled into the nursery environment. We want to inspire all children to succeed and to becomeconfident, active and independent learners, enabling them with the skills they need to continue their journey of learning.
There are four specific areas of learning which supplement the prime areas and allow children to become confident active learners when the prime areas of learning have been supported and applied. Through these areas, we believe children can further develop their knowledge of the world around them and develop an understanding of all future learning that awaits them. Here children will continue to become effective learners and develop the dispositions to learning through being curious, resourceful, persistent and courageous.
How can I help at home?
One of the keyways every parent can help is to ensure that your child is at nursery every day and on time. We also encourage the nursery children to be independent when changing shoes and putting on coats for outdoor learning. Please support them at home with their dressing skills. Other than this, the main way you can help is by ensuring that you read stories and enjoy songs and rhymes at home. It is the most effective way of making certain that your child makes progress in all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
If you require further information regarding the Nursery admission please email: email@example.com for further assistance.
The HPAPP Nursery Team