Contact: Debbie Clark
Telephone: 0207 639 6091
Address: Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park, Marmont Road, London, SE15 5TD.
The Nursery at Peckham Park is an Early Years provision with warm and welcoming staff, that are a dedicated team of individuals working together to promote a wide and varied Early Years provision. Our highly qualified and experienced staff offer the children a learning through play based experience as required for the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Our Nursery class offers 52 places (26 each session). This is a mixture of full time (30 hours) and part time (15 hours) places, funded. Children can start in Nursery the term after their third birthday, if places are available.
The hours for the Nursery are as follows: Morning sessions 8.30am - 11.30am, afternoon sessions 12.30pm - 3.30pm.
We also offer 8.30am - 3.30pm for those that qualify for the 30 hours free child care.
At present, all three and four year olds are entitled to up to 15 hours of free childcare a week for up to 38 weeks a year, and this entitlement will continue. From September 2017, the government increased free childcare to 30 hours a week (for up to 38 weeks a year). This is part of the Childcare Act 2016. However, this increase will only be available to families who meet certain criteria. Criteria from September 2020 for three and four year olds
Applications for a place in our Nursery can be made directly to the school, by collecting an application form from the school office and returning it directly to the school once completed or downloading the application form below. We can also assist you with the eligibility criteria for the universal 15 hours free child care and extended 15 hours free child care (30 hours)
Eligibility for the additional free entitlement will include households where:
- All parents (whether two-parent families or lone parents) are working and earning the equivalent of 16 hours a week at the National Minimum or Living Wage (includes income received from tax credits or Universal Credit) and/or:
- One/both parent/s is away on leave (parental, maternal etc.)
- One/both parent/s is on Statutory Sick Pay
- Parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible, as are those who are registered as self-employed
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities and/or disability; is a foster-carer with their own three- and four- year old children
- Parents who are in training will not be eligible as they can receive other Government support
- There is an income cap. If one parent's income exceeds £100K the household will not be eligible
For more information, please visit: http://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Please contact the school office if you are interested, or download and complete the Nursery Application Form and return it to the school office. Visits to the Nursery are welcome, please contact the school office to make an appointment.
We are able to offer a combination of full and part-time, up to 26 places per session.
15 hours eligibility = 3 hours per day, 5 days per week (8:30am -11:30am or 12:30pm -3:30pm)
For those parents not entitled to the additional 30 hours funded childcare, we can offer a paid full time place, at a cost payable in advance. Please contact the Academy for further details.All full time places are subject to 5 days a week
- Children looked after, or who have an allocated social worker who has provided written support of the application
- Children who are recommend for a place at that school by the Disability or Locality TAC (Team around the Child)
- Children with professionally supported educational, medical or social needs. When deciding whether a child has an educational, medical or social need, the Principal will consider the child’s needs or circumstances, and supporting evidence from other professionals
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending our school, and who will still be at school when the child is admitted
- Children who live nearest to the school on the basis of distance between the child’s home and the school, measured by a straight line
Nursery Open Days
We have the following open sessions for you to come and take a look at our Nursery!
Please book a place at one of these sessions by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the day you would like to attend, your name, and the number of people attending. Thank you!
Monday 09/01/2024 at 10:00am to 10.30am
Applications for a place in our Nursery can be made directly to the school, by collecting an application form from the school office and returning it directly to the school once completed. We can also assist you with the eligibility criteria for the universal 15 hours free child care and extended 15 hours free child care (30 hours)
|HPAPP Intimate Care and Toileting Policy Ammend 25.11.21
|29th Nov 2021
|New parent child questionnaire
|01st Dec 2021
|Early Education Entitlement Parent Agreement
|01st Dec 2021
|Nursery 30 Hours Free Childcare Guide With Links
|30th Nov 2022
|APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO PRIMARY SCHOOL INCLUDING NURSERY
|30th Nov 2021
|DETERMINED NURSERY ENTRY ARRANGEMENTS 24-25
|29th Jan 2024