Our vision, values and aims
At Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and there is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils and adults reach their full potential. Our core purpose is to provide all pupils with high quality learning experiences that lead to high levels of progress and attainment.
Our aims and values underpin all our policy and practice. We consider, revisit and reflect upon these in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community. Through continued and sustained improvement, and a shared understanding of learning, teaching, assessment and curriculum, our Academy aims to:
- Ensure that we inspire in all pupils, a love of learning and the desire to continue to learn;
- Ensure that all pupils have an equal opportunity to take part in the life and work of the Academy and the wider community;
- Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and playing;
- Provide a rich, balanced and varied curriculum;
- Provide high standards of teaching to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects;
- Equip all pupils with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence their own lives;
- Enable pupils to learn from each other through a collaborative, enquiry based approach to learning;
- Promote creativity and independence so that they are more able to explore and discover things for themselves;
- Develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking;
- Nurture pupil diversity emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic, music, sport, art and drama;
- Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community;
- Be a place that every child remembers with affection.
We highly value:
- The way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual, as well as for people of all cultures.
- A working partnership with parents and families to support each pupil’s learning, progress and well-being.
- The spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- The importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- Our environment and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it.